The purpose of this Policy is to inform you of your usage of https://thuraisingam.com/ (our “Firm website”), personal data collected, how we collect your personal data, how we use your collected personal data, how your personal data will be protected, changes to this Policy, and how you can reach our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) should you have any concerns regarding the use of your personal data.
This Policy applies to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data within Singapore, even if any remaining part(s) of the data processing takes place somewhere else in the world. This Policy applies to any individual, company, association or body of persons, corporate or unincorporated, whether located in or outside Singapore.
2. Our Firm Website
By using our Firm website, you signify your consent and acceptance of this Policy and its terms of service to our Firm, as well as our affiliates, third party service providers, agents, other professional advisors, consultants and experts, any necessary governmental authorities and the counsel for an opposing party (collectively, “us”, “we” or “our”), appointed by us on your behalf. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Firm website. Your continued use of our Firm website following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
2.1 Web Browser Cookies
Our Firm website may use “third party cookies” to enhance your User Experience. By accessing our Firm website, you consent that we can place cookies on your device. Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about you. You may choose to set your web browser to accept or decline all, or certain cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you decline all, or certain cookies, please note that you may not be able to have a complete interactive features experience on our Firm website.
2.2 Third Party Websites
You may find advertising or other content on our Firm website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Firm website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other websites, including websites which have a link to our Firm website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
2.3 IP Adresses
When you visit our Firm website, your IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit will be recorded in our server.
3. Personal Data Collected
3.1 Personal Data
We may collect, use or disclose personal data from you only if you voluntarily provide such information to us. You can always refuse to provide personal data, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain related activities on our Firm website. You may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address.
3.2 Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
3.3 Prior to 2 July 2014
We may continue to use your personal data that was collected prior to 2 July 2014 for purposes for which the personal data was collected unless consent is withdrawn by you. If you wish to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data, please contact our DPO.
4. How we collect your personal data
We may collect personal data in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you:
- engage us to provide legal services to you;
- provide us with documents or information;
- subscribe to any of our online services or communication platforms;
- subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Firm website;
- visit our Firm website and leave your personal data, including your IP address assigned to your computer;
- interact with us through correspondence, emails, facsimile, face-to-face meetings, telephone calls, our Firm website or other modes of communication;
- visit our Firm’s premises via CCTV recording;
- respond to any request by our Firm for the provision of personal data;
- submit an employment application to our Firm;
- submit your personal data to us for any other reason related to our Firm’s ordinary course of business operations.
5. How we use personal data
5.1 We may collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- providing legal services or in the ordinary course of our business operations;
- improving customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;.
- personalizing user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how you navigate through our Firm website;
- improving and administering our Firm website;
- running a promotion, contest, survey or a ny other Firm website feature. To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you;
- sending periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Firm website.
5.2 Sharing your personal data
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal data regarding our Firm website visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and our website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
6. How we protect your personal data
Only authorised personnel of our Firm have access to your personal data. We treat all information provided to us as confidential and take reasonable steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your personal data in our possession or under our control.
We undertake to protect your personal data by putting in place reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, destruction or similar risks. However, we shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use of your personal data by external third parties as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
We have set up appropriate measures to ensure that documents containing personal data will be properly disposed or anonymised.
7. Changes to this policy
We have the discretion to update this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Users you to frequently check this Policy for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information data we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and become aware of modifications.
8. Contacting our DPO
If you have any questions or comments or suggestions about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, or this Policy or if you would like to receive information about the personal data we have in relation to you, to update such personal data or to withdraw any consent you might have provided to us previously, we would be pleased to receive them if you contact our DPO at:
Eugene Thuraisingam LLP
+65 6557 2436
This Policy was published on 20 March, 2018.
This Policy was revised on 1 October, 2019.