With offices in Singapore (Eugene Thuraisingam LLP) and Bangkok (Thuraisingam (International) Co., Ltd.), Eugene Thuraisingam LLP’s practice is well placed to conduct arbitration proceedings in Singapore and the region.
Our lawyers act as counsel in arbitrations including those conducted by institutions such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA).
We have a conflict-free, cost-efficient, and competent arbitration practice that is adept at handling complex and high-value international arbitrations. Where necessary, we can also tap on our rich network of fellow advocates and industry experts throughout the region to serve your interests in a comprehensive and holistic manner.
From pre-arbitration negotiations to the arbitration hearing to post-award proceedings, our lawyers will help you navigate the process at every step of the way and secure the best possible outcome for you.
Our arbitration practice has successfully handled multi-million dollar disputes for clients from a diverse range of industries including construction, shipping, and oil & gas.
Some of our notable cases include:
- Acted for an Indonesian client in an SIAC arbitration arising out of a breach of contract dispute claim of over USD 128 million with the private equity arm of a major international bank incorporated in Hong Kong. The matter involved the interpretation of high-value commercial contracts concluded across multiple jurisdictions.
- Acted in Expedited Procedure arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore. The dispute was a heavily contested one even at the interlocutory stage, including challenges to jurisdiction of the Tribunal. The final arbitral award was issued in our client’s favour, where the opposing party was ordered to pay our clients damages, full costs of arbitration and legal costs with interest.
- Acted for an oil exploration company in a USD 16.5 million UNCITRAL arbitration. The arbitration was heavily contested even at the interlocutory stage involving, inter alia, an application for interim measures and an application for the Tribunal to fix deposits/costs in unequal pending the determination of the dispute under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules 2013.
- Acted for an oil exploration company in an UNCITRAL arbitration against a middle eastern state-owned company over petroleum operations in the South-East Asia involving claims of over USD 126 million.
- Acted for a subsidiary of a publicly-listed shipping corporation in an SIAC arbitration against a US company concerning a charterparty dispute. Successfully obtained an award for over USD 10 million.
Cryptocurrency-related disputes can be complex and require specialist knowledge to navigate the ever-evolving legal landscape. Our team of experienced lawyers is well-versed in the field of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and can provide comprehensive advice on all aspects of cryptocurrency-related disputes, including those relating to Non–Fungible Token (NFT) transactions. We have significant experience in domestic and international arbitrations, and are well-equipped to advise clients on the applicable laws and regulations, as well as provide expert guidance on challenging matters related to cryptocurrency.
As with Construction Litigation Disputes, timing is key in Construction Arbitrations. We are familiar FIDIC, REDAS, SIA, and PSSCOC project documents. We have acted as counsel in domestic and international arbitrations, and advised our clients in all aspects of adjudication, litigation, arbitration and mediation in the construction sector.
Our shipping and maritime disputes lawyers are fully equipped and have significant knowledge to advice on a diverse range of legal aspects relating to the shipping industry.